things to do in vadodara for a memorable trip- Hotels In Vadodara
Vadodara, also known as Baroda, is a city in Gujarat, India, that offers a rich cultural heritage, architectural marvels, and a vibrant atmosphere. Whether you're a history enthusiast, an art lover, or a nature enthusiast, Vadodara has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we will explore the top 10 must-visit places in Vadodara that will make your trip truly memorable.
1. Laxmi Vilas Palace
Laxmi Vilas Palace is an 18th-century palace complex built in the Indo-Saracenic style. It is the residence of the Vadodara royal family and offers a glimpse into the opulent lifestyle of the Gaekwads. The palace features a museum, concert hall, and zoo, making it a perfect destination for history buffs and nature lovers alike. Explore the magnificent architecture, stroll through the beautiful gardens, and marvel at the rich collection of artifacts on display at the museum.
- Built by the Gaekwad family in the 18th century
- Audio guides available in multiple languages to understand the palace's history
- Photography is prohibited inside the palace
- Visit the store inside the palace to buy souvenirs and other items
2. Kirti Mandir
Kirti Mandir, also known as the Temple of Fame, is a historical and cultural landmark dedicated to the memory of the Gaekwad dynasty. Located in Vadodara, the temple houses the cremated remains of the Gaekwad family members, including Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. The architectural style of Kirti Mandir reflects a blend of various influences, including Hindu, Islamic, and European elements. Explore the intricate carvings, beautiful murals, and stained glass windows that showcase the rich craftsmanship of the artisans of that era.
- Built in 1936 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III
- Explore the memorials and portraits depicting the Gaekwad dynasty's history
- Visit the museum showcasing artifacts and personal belongings of the Gaekwad rulers
- Don't miss the Dattatreya temple and the pet care center located nearby
3. Sur Sagar Lake
Sur Sagar Lake, located in the heart of Vadodara, is a serene spot for a day out with family and friends. The highlight of the lake is the 120-foot statue of Lord Shiva, which looms majestically over the waters. The lake offers a peaceful ambiance and is a popular gathering spot for locals and tourists alike. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the lake, indulge in some delicious food and drinks at the nearby restaurants and cafes, or even take a boat ride to make the most of your visit.
- Enjoy the 120-foot statue of Lord Shiva
- Perfect spot for a picnic or a lazy afternoon
- Boat ramp available for boat rides
- Several restaurants and cafes in the vicinity
- Capture the beautiful view of the lake and the statue in your photographs
4. Sayaji Baug
Sayaji Baug, also known as Kamati Baug, is a sprawling garden that offers a refreshing escape from the city's hustle and bustle. The garden is home to a zoo, a planetarium, museums, and a flower clock. Stroll through the well-maintained gardens, enjoy the toy train ride, marvel at the exhibits in the museums, and explore the rich flora and fauna at the zoo. Sayaji Baug is a perfect place for a peaceful walk, a family outing, or a picnic with friends.
- Visit the zoo, planetarium, and museums within the garden
- Enjoy a toy train ride around the garden
- Admire the beautiful flower clock
- Ample seating arrangements and food stalls available
- Entry fee: Free
5. Baroda Museum & Picture Gallery
Baroda Museum & Picture Gallery is a century-old museum that houses a remarkable collection of Asian and Middle Eastern paintings, sculptures, and weaponry. The museum was built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III and showcases a wide variety of art and historical artifacts from different eras and cultures. Explore the extensive collection of paintings by European and Indian artists, including the famous Raja Ravi Varma paintings. The museum provides insights into the rich history and culture of Baroda and is a must-visit for art and history enthusiasts.
- Explore the collection of European and Indian paintings
- Admire the sculptures in marble and bronze
- Learn about the history and contributions of the Gaekwad rulers
- Photography is not allowed inside the museum
6. EME Temple
EME Temple is a unique and secular Hindu temple in Vadodara. Built by the Indian Army's Electrical and Mechanical Corps, the temple incorporates influences from various religious structures. The design of the temple is its standout feature, making it a popular tourist destination. Explore the architectural marvel, witness the blend of different religious elements, and experience the serene atmosphere that the temple offers.
- Visit the temple to witness its unique and secular design
- Admire the metal sheet construction and architectural brilliance
- Entry restricted to defense personnel only
- Experience the peaceful and serene ambiance of the temple
- Photography is not allowed inside the temple
7. Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum
Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum is a magnificent palace that houses a collection of paintings from various periods and styles. The museum is located within the Lakshmi Vilas Palace and showcases works of art collected by Maharaja Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad III. Explore the extensive collection of European and Indian paintings, portraits of the royal family, sculptures in marble and bronze, and manuscripts. The museum provides insights into the art and history of Baroda and is a must-visit for art lovers.
- Discover the paintings by European and Indian artists, including Raja Ravi Varma
- Admire the collection of sculptures and manuscripts
- Learn about the history and contributions of the Gaekwad rulers
- No photography allowed inside the museum
8. Vadodara Junction
Vadodara Junction is the main railway station and bus terminus for the city. It serves as a railway junction, connecting trains from all directions, including Mumbai and Ahmedabad. The station is a prominent landmark in Vadodara and is a bustling hub of activity. Experience the vibrant atmosphere, witness the arrival and departure of trains, and explore the various amenities and services available at the station.
- Explore the bustling atmosphere of the railway station
- Witness the arrival and departure of trains from different directions
- Connect to various parts of the country from Vadodara Junction
- Avail the amenities and services available at the station
- Plan your journey and explore new destinations from this central transportation hub
9. Khanderao Market Building
Khanderao Market Building is a famous and palatial building located in the city of Vadodara. Built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in 1906, the building serves as the offices of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation. The market building is known for its clothing and food stalls, which occupy the garden surrounding the building. Experience the vibrant atmosphere, explore the market stalls, and indulge in shopping and street photography in this bustling area.
- Explore the clothing and food stalls in the market building
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere and street photography opportunities
- Discover a wide range of products and local delicacies
- Enjoy the greenery and gardens surrounding the market building
- Shop for affordable items and souvenirs in this bustling market area
10. Sardar Patel Planetarium
Sardar Patel Planetarium is a state-of-the-art facility that specializes in playing shows about space and astronomical history. Located in Sayaji Baug, the planetarium offers awe-striking video clips of space, a curved projection screen that imitates reality, and a state-of-the-art sound system. Immerse yourself in the mysteries of the universe, learn about astronomical phenomena, and ignite your curiosity in astronomy at this planetarium.
- Enjoy the informative shows about space and astronomical history
- Experience the immersive projection system and sound effects
- Explore the wonders of the universe through captivating video clips
- Learn about the planets, stars, and other celestial bodies
- Plan your visit to coincide with the shows in your preferred language
Vadodara is a city that offers a diverse range of attractions and experiences. From historical palaces and temples to museums, gardens, and cultural landmarks, Vadodara has something for everyone. Explore the rich heritage, immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere, and create unforgettable memories during your trip to Vadodara. Plan your itinerary, visit these must-see places, and make the most of your time in this enchanting city.
Lords Inn Vadodara, Hotels In Vadodara, Hotel Near Vadodara Railway Station, Best Hotels In Vadodara, Best Hotel In Vadodara, Vadodara Hotel Booking, Hotel Near Baroda Railway Station, Best Hotel In Baroda, Good Hotels In Vadodara, Hotels In Vadodara For Stay, Top Hotels In Vadodara, Stay In Vadodara, Hotels In Vadodara City, Vadodara Accommodation, Hotels Near Inorbit Mall Vadodara, Hotels Near Vadodara Central Bus Station, Best Hotel In Vadodara For Stay, Good Hotels In Baroda, Hotels Near Baroda,